Ragnar Tørnquist’s new studio, Red Thread Games, launched their Kickstarter campaign for Dreamfall Chapters: The Longest Journey today. Chapters is the long-awaited third game in The Longest Journey adventure game series, from which this blog takes its name. The series is known for excellent writing, strong female protagonists in April and Zoe, and a number of queer characters as well. The Kickstarter is asking for $850,000, of which over $280,000 has already been raised as of this writing. If the game is funded, Red Thread plans to have it ready for release in 2014.
About UsThe Border House is a blog for gamers. It's a blog for those who are feminist, queer, disabled, people of color, transgender, poor, gay, lesbian, and others who belong to marginalized groups, as well as allies. Our goal is to bring thoughtful analysis to gaming with a feminist viewpoint and up-to-date news on games, virtual worlds, and social media.
Discussion PolicyWe have a discussion policy here and we encourage you to read it before you comment.
- Mancheeze on TotalBiscuit’s twisted barter economies
- SlightlyConcerned on TotalBiscuit’s twisted barter economies
- Jake on TotalBiscuit’s twisted barter economies
- Sexism is the New Social Justice | Playing at Leadership: Games, Gaming, & Leadership Studies on TotalBiscuit’s twisted barter economies
- Rocketroach on TotalBiscuit’s twisted barter economies
- Sir Oliver Martext on TotalBiscuit’s twisted barter economies
- Doug S. on What Are You Playing Wednesday
Tagsadvertising BioWare casual fridays character design characters Characters Done Right diversity Dragon Age Dragon Age 2 Dragon Age: Origins female characters feminism game design game industry game of the day gender homophobia indie games Kotaku LGBT linkspam marketing Mass Effect Mass Effect 2 misogyny Nintendo open thread podcast PS3 race racism rape rape culture sex sexism sexuality transgender transphobia twine violence welcome What Are You Playing Wednesday women World of Warcraft WoW