The first Tropes vs Women in Video Games video is here! It covers the history of the Damsel in Distress trope and the classic games that make use of the trope (over and over and over…). There is a transcript available at the Feminist Frequency blog. You can also see a staggering collection of examples of video game damsels at the Tropes vs Women tumblr.
About UsThe Border House is a blog for gamers. It's a blog for those who are feminist, queer, disabled, people of color, transgender, poor, gay, lesbian, and others who belong to marginalized groups, as well as allies. Our goal is to bring thoughtful analysis to gaming with a feminist viewpoint and up-to-date news on games, virtual worlds, and social media.
Discussion PolicyWe have a discussion policy here and we encourage you to read it before you comment.
- SlightlyConcerned on TotalBiscuit’s twisted barter economies
- Jake on TotalBiscuit’s twisted barter economies
- Sexism is the New Social Justice | Playing at Leadership: Games, Gaming, & Leadership Studies on TotalBiscuit’s twisted barter economies
- Rocketroach on TotalBiscuit’s twisted barter economies
- Sir Oliver Martext on TotalBiscuit’s twisted barter economies
- Doug S. on What Are You Playing Wednesday
- Doug S. on TotalBiscuit’s twisted barter economies
Tagsadvertising BioWare casual fridays character design characters Characters Done Right diversity Dragon Age Dragon Age 2 Dragon Age: Origins female characters feminism game design game industry game of the day gender homophobia indie games Kotaku LGBT linkspam marketing Mass Effect Mass Effect 2 misogyny Nintendo open thread podcast PS3 race racism rape rape culture sex sexism sexuality transgender transphobia twine violence welcome What Are You Playing Wednesday women World of Warcraft WoW