I decided to share this video here at the Borderhouse I found accidently while looking for other things. I thought the drawings were quite nice and it brings some interesting discussions. A friend of mine also saw the video and we had a nice talk about it. We didn’t agree on everything and I thought it would be interesting to see other opinions. Here’s the link for the video:
Here are my views about some topics the video discusses:
– I have lots of girlfriend who like games and never felt discriminated for being a girl and liking games.
– Think more girls working in the game industry would mean more diverse games for everyone.
– People who don’t like games don’t care when I talk about games. But they could be either a boy or a girl. Just because it’s a guy doesn’t mean he’s going to like games.
– Didn’t like the drawing about the Twilight book to attract the girl to play. Hate the stereotype all girls like Twilight. I couldn’t care less about that book.
– Lots of female game characters make me puke because of their stupid unrealistic watermelon breasts that give the idea women are only worthy when they look good.
– Never played any of the Ubisoft games “made for girls”. Was never interested. Don’t think they’re the best way to bring little girls to play games. I began playing with platformers, so I still think platformers are the best to make any child of any gender like videogames
– Definitely don’t like those “sexy girls” who go to game conventions and pretend to play games. Makes me want to puke. The marketing guys need to have better ideas on how to advertise a game. These girls just reinforce the stereotype females can’t play videogames.
– I personally think nice female protagonists or lots of customisation options would bring more girls into gaming.
What are your views?