- Female players fall into two distinct categories: stereotypically feminine players, typically brought into the game by a partner, and very hard-core players.
- The hard-core women are more intense than their male counterparts: "The top 10% of male players played an average of 48.86 hours per week, while the top 10% of female players played an average of 56.64 hours per week."
- Female players are healthier offline than the males. This is especially true among older players.
- There are a surprisingly large number of bisexual females playing, but not males. While male bisexual players stuck to the national average, females were about five times higher than the national baseline rate.
- Females under-report their playing time more than males.
If you're interested in more details, you can read the full paper at this link.
What do you think about these research results?
[Via Terra Nova]