Now that we have gotten settled and have established a tone and expectations for what posts will be like here at the Border House, we’d love to open up to some more contributors!
Who are we looking for?
The Border House aims to have inclusive gaming/virtual world news and opinion with a wide variety of representatives of marginalized segments and allies. Right now we are looking for the following:
- Gamers of color
- Disabled feminist gamers
- Transgender, genderqueer, genderless, or any other aspects of gender identity
- Gay, bisexual, lesbian gamers
- Feminist-identifying men (who are familiar with the concept of privilege)
- Anyone else who is an experienced writer who feels that The Border House is the place for you!
In addition, we’d love to have contributors of the following:
- Second Life residents who are active and versed in all of the great events and associations that are relevant here
- Active current MMO players (World of Warcraft, Aion, Everquest 2, Warhammer Online, Lord of the Rings Online, etc.)
- Inhabitants of other virtual worlds such as Blue Mars or IMVU
What are the requirements?
Right now we do not have any minimum posting requirements. You are free to post as often or as little as you’d like. We also do not have any word count requirements, so if you’re someone who enjoys posting tidbits of news or longwinded opinion pieces – either is fine!
The bare minimum requirement is that you are familiar with Feminism 101 concepts and are comfortable with posting from a feminist perspective. We also ask that you are active in the comments threads on your own post to encourage discussion, and that you’re aware of our discussion policy.
How do I apply?
We ask that all new contributors do one guest post to make sure they’re a good fit for The Border House. We will post it under a guest account prefaced by a short bio about you. If we like what we see, we’ll have you register and make you an Author here on the blog and add you to the list of contributors on our About page!
If you’re interested, please email us with the following:
- Your short 2-3 sentence bio (and website link if appropriate)
- Your first post. Should be relevant to what The Border House is all about.
- Any additional notes to the editors that you want us to know about you or your writing.
I hope to see some of you great commenters send a post on over! If you have any questions, please reply here or contact us.