I don’t know why you say good-bye, I say HALO. HALO HALO-OHHH-FOUR. I DON’T KNOW WHY YOU SAY GOOD-BYE, I SAY—ahem. Sorry, I’m good now….Looks like there’s going to be more than one Dovahkiin running around in Skyrim, according to the new trailer for Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim‘s next DLC, aptly entitled “Dragonborn” ….Turns out the U.S. Navy isn’t happy that some of its operatives consulted for Medal of Honor: Warfighter, a fact EA touted heavily in its advertising (via CBS)….The Mass Effect folks want your opinion on where to take the franchise next—looks like the ME3 outcry really put the fear of fanrage in them! (rockpapershotgun)….On Tuesday, Maine elected Colleen Lachowicz to the state senate, despite the fact that she plays World of Warcraft, something her opponent tried to use against her (Eurogamer)….Speaking of WoW, you can buy a cute kittie pet and support Hurricane Sandy recovery! (Shack News) ….Humble Indie Bundle is back with an Android deal! Games include Eufloria, Splice, and Sword & Sworcery EP….And this week in fatherhood, we heard about an awesome dad who gender-swapped Windwaker for his daughter so she’d know that girls can be heroes too; and an awful dad who beat his disabled daughter for illegally downloading videogames, and was just given his old job back with nothing more than a reprimand.
- If you’re finding yourself missing the election (and I can’t imagine you would be, but whatever floats your boat, my friends) you can check out this convenient list of political apps and games. (BitCreature)
- BitCreature also had a cool article about the sometimes disturbing similarities between game mechanics and the social conventions we live by.
- Here’s one writer’s emotional testament to how Final Fantasy VI saved his life. (Destructoid)
- The Border House readers might also relate to this article about the awkwardness that can come of listing ‘videogames’ as an interest on your dating profile (Kotaku).
- Here’s an interview with Peter Molyneux talking about Curiosity, his latest game-slash-social experiment for mobile (Gamasutra). You can also pick it up for free at the iTunes store and Google Play.
- Digit talks about experiences being agoraphobic while playing MMOs.
- And for a bit of a giggle you can check out the hoo-hah on Fox News about how Halo 4 was going to keep people from voting. Sorry, did I say giggle? I meant facepalm.
contributing reporting and blog-scouring by Twyst. And you! Tell us what made your headlines this week!