About UsThe Border House is a blog for gamers. It's a blog for those who are feminist, queer, disabled, people of color, transgender, poor, gay, lesbian, and others who belong to marginalized groups, as well as allies. Our goal is to bring thoughtful analysis to gaming with a feminist viewpoint and up-to-date news on games, virtual worlds, and social media.
Discussion PolicyWe have a discussion policy here and we encourage you to read it before you comment.
- Samantha Allen on Please Stop: The Trans Joke at the Spike Video Game Awards
- BF on Please Stop: The Trans Joke at the Spike Video Game Awards
- Laura on Please Stop: The Trans Joke at the Spike Video Game Awards
- Steph Woor on Please Stop: The Trans Joke at the Spike Video Game Awards
- Intendant S on Please Stop: The Trans Joke at the Spike Video Game Awards
- tc on Please Stop: The Trans Joke at the Spike Video Game Awards
- moon batchelder on Please Stop: The Trans Joke at the Spike Video Game Awards
Tagsadvertising BioWare casual fridays character design characters Characters Done Right diversity Dragon Age 2 Dragon Age: Origins female characters feminism game design game industry game of the day gender homophobia indie games Kongregate Kotaku LGBT linkspam marketing Mass Effect Mass Effect 2 misogyny Nintendo open thread podcast PS3 race racism rape rape culture sex sexism sexuality transgender transphobia twine violence welcome What Are You Playing Wednesday women World of Warcraft WoW
Tag Archives: assassins creed 3
TGIF, Border House folks! This is the second installment of our new feature where we summarize the week in gaming and link to our favorite articles of the week. Be sure to add your own news and links in the … Continue reading
Last week, Ubisoft posted a trailer for the multiplayer mode of upcoming game Assassin’s Creed 3. Predictably, it features whites and Native Americans, both men and women, killing each other with rifles, hammers, daggers and the like. Standard procedure for … Continue reading
Time’s Techland blog has an interesting article about how the Ubisoft Montreal team went about creating and developing Connor, Assassin’s Creed III‘s Mohawk protagonist. It is nice to read about how the developers recognized that their own lack of knowledge … Continue reading
Because we really need some good news this week: via Joystiq and Nyleveia, a NeoGAF user has posted scans from the most recent issue of Game Informer that has the first details of a companion game to Assassin’s Creed III … Continue reading