About UsThe Border House is a blog for gamers. It's a blog for those who are feminist, queer, disabled, people of color, transgender, poor, gay, lesbian, and others who belong to marginalized groups, as well as allies. Our goal is to bring thoughtful analysis to gaming with a feminist viewpoint and up-to-date news on games, virtual worlds, and social media.
Discussion PolicyWe have a discussion policy here and we encourage you to read it before you comment.
- Mancheeze on TotalBiscuit’s twisted barter economies
- SlightlyConcerned on TotalBiscuit’s twisted barter economies
- Jake on TotalBiscuit’s twisted barter economies
- Sexism is the New Social Justice | Playing at Leadership: Games, Gaming, & Leadership Studies on TotalBiscuit’s twisted barter economies
- Rocketroach on TotalBiscuit’s twisted barter economies
- Sir Oliver Martext on TotalBiscuit’s twisted barter economies
- Doug S. on What Are You Playing Wednesday
Tagsadvertising BioWare casual fridays character design characters Characters Done Right diversity Dragon Age Dragon Age 2 Dragon Age: Origins female characters feminism game design game industry game of the day gender homophobia indie games Kotaku LGBT linkspam marketing Mass Effect Mass Effect 2 misogyny Nintendo open thread podcast PS3 race racism rape rape culture sex sexism sexuality transgender transphobia twine violence welcome What Are You Playing Wednesday women World of Warcraft WoW
Tag Archives: mattie brice
Last week, our own Mattie Brice launched re/Action, an online zine of critical games writing. The goal of the site is not only to become a safe space for diverse games criticism and storytelling from the margins, but to pay … Continue reading
I had tried to teach my students in Women’s, Gender, and Sexuality Studies 100 about transphobia before. When I unwittingly assigned them a classic feminist essay that contained some transphobic language (including an uncritical quotation of Janice Raymond, the use … Continue reading
A GDC Online 2012 panel entitled Writing The Unsung Experiences: Gender In Game Storytelling is now available streaming for free from the GDC Vault. The speakers–Leigh Alexander, Jenn Frank, and our own Mattie Brice–tackle the topic of gender and diversity … Continue reading