About UsThe Border House is a blog for gamers. It's a blog for those who are feminist, queer, disabled, people of color, transgender, poor, gay, lesbian, and others who belong to marginalized groups, as well as allies. Our goal is to bring thoughtful analysis to gaming with a feminist viewpoint and up-to-date news on games, virtual worlds, and social media.
Discussion PolicyWe have a discussion policy here and we encourage you to read it before you comment.
- Courior on TotalBiscuit’s twisted barter economies
- Mancheeze on TotalBiscuit’s twisted barter economies
- SlightlyConcerned on TotalBiscuit’s twisted barter economies
- Jake on TotalBiscuit’s twisted barter economies
- Sexism is the New Social Justice | Playing at Leadership: Games, Gaming, & Leadership Studies on TotalBiscuit’s twisted barter economies
- Rocketroach on TotalBiscuit’s twisted barter economies
- Sir Oliver Martext on TotalBiscuit’s twisted barter economies
Tagsadvertising BioWare casual fridays character design characters Characters Done Right diversity Dragon Age Dragon Age 2 Dragon Age: Origins female characters feminism game design game industry game of the day gender homophobia indie games Kotaku LGBT linkspam marketing Mass Effect Mass Effect 2 misogyny Nintendo open thread podcast PS3 race racism rape rape culture sex sexism sexuality transgender transphobia twine violence welcome What Are You Playing Wednesday women World of Warcraft WoW
Tag Archives: privacy
Christina González is a TAB bicultural Latina. Growing up as a poor gamer with a disabled mother, she naturally gravitates toward social justice and culture topics, as well as community-related issues. She may be found over at christinagonzalez.net or join … Continue reading
This week, there has been discussion about whether League of Legends character Taric should come out of the closet as a gay man (by Todd Harper, Patricia Hernandez, and Kristin Bezio). It is argued that having a character be openly gay, rather … Continue reading
Quinnae is a young, Latina trans woman who games, reads, writes, and likes slugs. Her hobbies-slash-flaming passions are sociology, feminism, gender studies, politics, and eating pizza. At present she is studying to be a college professor, and is also an officer … Continue reading